"Education develops the intellect; and the intellect distinguishes man from other creatures. It is education that enables man to harness nature and utilize her resources for the well-being and improvement of his life."
H.i.M. Haile Selassie I
Featured ArtistsBob Marley Buju Banton Chronixx Damian Marley Iba Mahr Jacob Miller Jah9 Koffee Lady Saw Pressure Busspipe Protoje Samory I Sister Nancy Sizzla
High Performance AMP Blog with Jekyll - Part 5
In this series I'll show how to setup a high performance, mobile friendly AMP Blog with custom Jekyll plugins while using GitHub pages as a free hosting provider. We create a staging environment and setup an automatic deploy and testing with Travis CI.: Today we have a look how we can modify our website-theme to be customizable and fullfil the requirements to be recognized as a valid AMP Page. We add Structured Data for Googles Rich Results and Open Graph for Facebook shares.
High Performance AMP Blog with Jekyll - Part 4
In this series I'll show how to setup a high performance, mobile friendly AMP Blog with custom Jekyll plugins while using GitHub pages as a free hosting provider. We create a staging environment and setup an automatic deploy and testing with Travis CI.: We want a professional setup, so to achieve additional security to ensure that we are not deploying a broken website we want our output tested. One easy way is to setup an automated test that parses the html of our generated website and checks for syntax errors as not closed html-tags and broken links. This is a kind of E2E test, which can be done with very few lines of code.
High Performance AMP Blog with Jekyll - Part 3
In this series I'll show how to setup a high performance, mobile friendly AMP Blog with custom Jekyll plugins while using GitHub pages as a free hosting provider. We create a staging environment and setup an automatic deploy and testing with Travis CI.: On of the biggest drawbacks of hosting your Jekyll blog with Github Pages is that the standard build limits the plugins/ Gems you can use quite strongly. In this article we have a look how to setup Travis CI to actually build with custom Plugins/Gems and publish it to the hosted GitHub Pages. We overcome GitHub Pages limitation and get a feature rich site by skipping the standard build and let Travis CI do the heavy lifting for us.
High Performance AMP Blog with Jekyll - Part 2
High Performance AMP Blog with Jekyll - Part 1
JAM Day 1 - Content Management, Products & Categories
JAM Day 0 - What are we going to do?
Problems with the facebook share? The wrong text or image shows up?
Free software tools for your success
faster, cheaper, safer
CMS ... Wordpress, Joomla!, Drupal, Django, Typo3 or Plone
Also check these blogs:
Understanding Open Source Software
Introduction into JAM Stack
Styling form elements
Nginx and WordPress
- : We love music and for us is Reggae more then entertainment. It teaches and calms us down in troubled times, it makes us happy and life wouldn't be the same without it. To share our love and passion we added a new section on the website, where you can explore and enjoy our personal favorites, uplifting song by brilliant artists. BigUp yourself and keep the fire Blazin'!... check it out
- : Due to a big commercial workload in the last months we've not be able to follow up on the latest article series again. After some discussions we decided now to open up opportunities for non-related technical bloggers to contribute and reach our community with high quality content. So if you feel the urge in your heart to get published here on rasta.online, please feel free to shoot us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with what you have in mind. For the sake of our dear readers we'll ensure though that we keep this blog advertisement free and maintain the integrity and good spirit in which this project started.
- : It feels good to be back in this community. Through our recent changes the hosting structure I stumbled over the extended JAM Stack approach for delivering contemporary web solutions. Even though Rasta.Online works with its basics for multiple years now, after all this blog is build with a Static Site Generator, nailing the "M succesfully. We are promoting the underlying ideas since the 2015 article "Faster, cheaper, safer" but never did more then scratching on the very surface of what is possible today. To change that a series will follow how to create a functional ecommerce solution, which is cheap, reliable and fast. Stay tuned!... check it out
- : Our community pages are now moved to githubs free hosting service github pages. While updating the current hosting situation, a lot of further improvements and a revitalisation of the community is in progress. Stay tuned for further updates.... research
- : This blog is for educational purpose and promotes open source solutions and tools. Therefor are all published articles free to re-use and the websites source-code is available to everyone in its github repository.... research